loyalty is more important to client

Mold Remediation Valley Stream

Mold remediation Services is the process of removing mold and preventing its regrowth. While many people can safely remove mold themselves using a DIY approach, severe cases require a professional.

Mold removal professionals inspect and test your home for mold, discover what kind of mold is present and use techniques that work best on common mold types, including black mold, pink mold, and aspergillus mold. Mold removal companies with IICRC certified technicians use industry-standard procedures and tools to ensure mold is removed fully and disposed of safely.

Removing mold safely is essential. Being exposed to mold or handling mold improperly can lead to unpleasant health problems, like itching, eyes, irritated skin, and even respiratory issues. Long-term exposure can put you and your family at risk of more severe illnesses.

Having a professional remove indoor mold will reduce the risk of it coming back and continuing to cause problems.

Mold Inspection and Testing

The first step in remediating mold is inspecting the home to identify where the mold is growing. By the time the homeowner calls a professional, they usually already know where the mold is growing—visible mold is easy to spot and even hidden mold gives off a musty odor. However, the full extent of mold growth may not be known until a professional use a testing kit.

Mold removal technicians test for mold using surface sampling tools and air quality monitors. Using thermal imaging and infrared cameras, professionals also look for hidden water leaks and damp areas that may be harboring mold. Finally, they examine high-risk areas for signs of mold contamination, such as attics, bathrooms, kitchens, crawl spaces, windows, and carpeted areas.

Once the technician knows the full extent of mold growth, they can devise a plan to safely remove it and prevent it from returning.

Mold testing is often a separate cost from mold removal, so be sure to clarify the company’s rates and services.

Removing Mold-Covered Materials

The mold cleanup process varies depending on the size and location of the contaminated area(s). For smaller areas, you can remove mold yourself if you feel comfortable. For areas larger than ten square feet, a professional is recommended.

If the mold growth is caused by standing water, such as from a burst pipe, flooded basement, or other water sources, the technicians will remove the water with industrial HEPA vacuums and immediately begin drying out the area with fans and dehumidifiers.

Many mold removal companies also provide water damage restoration services, since these events often go hand-in-hand.

After water removal (if needed), professionals rip up and dispose of badly affected materials that cannot be appropriately cleaned and restored. In severe cases, drywall, ceiling panels, baseboards, carpeting, flooring, and subflooring are damaged beyond repair. Mold damage might also include cabinets, countertops, and bathroom tiles.

Absorbent and porous materials, like wood, carpet, and ceramic, are typically unsalvageable if infested with mold. Non-porous items, such as glass and metal, can usually be cleaned and reused. Experts can help you determine what can be restored and what needs to be removed.

Cleaning and Disinfecting

Once the unsalvageable materials are removed from the home, technicians get to work cleaning the remaining mold from restorable surfaces. Mold cleanup can usually be done within a few days.

The cleaning and disinfecting step of the mold remediation process typically involves:

  • Sealing off the work area to contain mold spores and prevent them from spreading
  • Disinfecting with a biocide—an EPA-approved mold-killing liquid
  • Cleaning and wiping down surfaces of remaining mold residue
  • Disposing of the mold safely in sealed bags or containers
  • Vacuuming and air-scrubbing with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration system
  • Cleaning the air with HEPA air scrubbers replaces stale air with fresh air through ventilation. After the initial day of cleaning, professionals will then spray the area with a washing agent that encases any remaining mold spores, preventing them from growing. The secondary wash also makes the affected area more resistant to future water damage and mold problems.

Mold Damage Restoration

Once the mold has been removed and your home has been disinfected, you’ll want to begin the mold restoration process. Because technicians may have ripped up contaminated building materials, your home may require new drywall, carpets, flooring, or more.

If the mold was caused by water damage, ensure there’s no structural damage done to your home. Hire a structural engineer or contractor to assess the integrity of your roof, foundation, or load-bearing walls.

A general contractor will replace drywall, framing, and other construction materials to restore or reconstruct your home. This process can take a few days to a few months, depending on the extent of the damage.

We’d love to provide you the best Mold services in Valley Stream 


“Great service, fast and clean. Very professional. Highly recommended. Did the job very fast great price”

They Trusted Me

I'm proud to know that clients are satisfied with my service

Even after the work was done, we’ve been able to cultivate a working relationship where I don’t hesitate to reach out and have them take care of a project that may present itself. This was very much evident after Storm Ida, when my basement flooded and Nik made himself available to help us out during the insurance claim process and organizing the work to restore our basement.

They were easy to work with, did a great job and — gasp — are easy to get ahold of! Nik is so great to work with. If you deal with contractors enough you know that finding a good one can be tricky and so we and our condo management company are so glad to have found Nik and the crew at PDR. They are the real deal.

Helped me through my tragic loss. The project manager helped us every step of the way. Very fast. Knowledgeable and very efficient. I definitely recommend them to anyone with a fire or water loss